Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The travel dilema

I recently brought my 9 year old cherry colored zen from Noida to Bangalore. It was not just to loiter on weekends but also to make my daily life comfortable. You see, I live in electronics city which is 12kms away from my office (when one goes via shortcut where no bus runs). Now suddenly, it was decided that I would start working from my old sweet electronics city office. But here in the dilema started- should I use my car to ravel1.5 kms (that's the distance between my home and office) or walk or explore other options like autos, lift etc etc. It might sound a simple decision but considerthe physcology of a being, the flexibility in office timings I have, my love for walks (it's not just abut good health but you gotta walk on this particular stretch of this beutiful tree-lined road), the exorbitant cost of autos and the cost of petrol (its very uncertain these days but elections are over and so they woud stabilise or might just increase) and now you have a complicated problem on your hand. Hey, I forgot to consder my cycle which is sitting down in my basement but it's ruled out for the simple reason that I have a lappy to carry to office. OOOhhhh!! What confusion!! I can simply blame this on the curious nature of man.. they invented and made me dependent on sooo many things. Now, I can't take such simple decisions of travelling 3kms a day. Add to this an MBA degree which makes me thnk even more on the most cost effective mode to travel while factoring in the cost of comfort during travel. There must be some more like me who have such decisions to take. The solution they tell me is priority. But what if the solutions are tooo close! I hear your sighs! Random pick. Try combos. One day, one option. Work from home! Keeep it coming... Such simple task and such complications. Right said IC, simple is different from complex... FYI: as of now, I am going by auto and walking back home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment